Original Sterling Silver Designs Since 1983
Finish a Multi-Strand Silk Necklace with Any Clasp
Use a small plastic rubber band to secure the ends of your ribbons. These crafting rubber bands are available at craft stores like Michaels. They cost pennies apiece.
Clip the ribbons close to the rubber band.
- Cut a 3” piece of 24 gauge silver wire.
- Bend the wire in half at a right angle.
- Slip one end of the wire between evenly divided silk cords.
- Draw the wire up and around the rubber band.
- Wire wrap the short end around the long tail of the wire.
- Slip a silver cone onto the wire.
- Snuggle the cone down to cover the rubber band.
- Bend the wire at a right angle.
Wire wrap the cone to your favorite clasp.